Subject: Re: bug#37159: 26.1; svg images in eww

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 06:54:41 +0200

Tomasz Piotrowski <[email-masked]> writes:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach_fixed-point_theorem

In Emacs 27 with -Q, that page displays without any problems for me, and
the SVG equations look like normal.  However, if you have an Emacs with
a black background, they're displayed as black-on-black (since there's
no background colour defined).

I'm not quite sure what the right solution here would be.  eww currently
fetches no external CSS resources, so that it doesn't know that the
background colour of that page is supposed to be white (which would also
have fixed the problem).

Fetching external CSS would be an option, but would slow down normal
operations for very little gain (as shr ignores 99.7% of CSS).  But in
this case it would probably have gotten the background colour right,
which would be nice.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no