Subject: Re: bug#37159: 26.1; svg images in eww

From: Tomasz Piotrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 10:10:24 +0200

Hi Eli,

URL (page attached):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach_fixed-point_theorem

Source of the first equation in this article:
<img
src="https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/fd383888ebcfccb33956072ffbebf9b1d29ce90b"
class="mwe-math-fallback-image-inline" aria-hidden="true"
style="vertical-align: -0.838ex; width:24.148ex; height:2.843ex;"
alt="d(T(x),T(y))\leq qd(x,y)">

(Chrome allows to save it as svg)

All equations in wikipedia's articles are dark grey on black background. The theme used does not
inflence this behaviour. I use Emacs with
ImageMagick. I have sent all the details regarding my setup in the first
mail in the thread #37159.

Best wishes,

Tomasz

Eli Zaretskii writes:

>> From: Tomasz Piotrowski <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 08:21:23 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> Hi Lars,
>> 
>> Here it is:
>> 
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach_fixed-point_theorem
>> 
>> It is a sample URL with this problem, all Wikipedia's entries with
>> mathematics have this issue.
>
> Does this require an Emacs with ImageMagick?  Because otherwise, I
> don't see a single SVG image when I go to that address.