Subject: bug#37152: 12.1.2; PDF Tools should be in TeX-view-program-list-builtin for all system-types

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:58:38 +0200

Hi Omar,

Omar Antolín Camarena <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just noticed that the entry in TeX-view-program-list-builtin for
> pdf-tools, namely ("PDF Tools" TeX-pdf-tools-sync-view), is only put
> there when system-type is neither windows-nt nor darwin. I guess this
> means it is only placed on the list for people using GNU/Linux or Open
> BSD, etc.
>
> But pdf-tools runs well on Windows 10 (I use it there), and I believe
> it also runs on mac os, so I'd prefer if the entry be present on all
> OSes.

thanks for the report.  How do you configure pdf-tools in order to use
it?  Do you use `TeX-pdf-tools-sync-view' and does it work on Windows?
I.e., do you have something like this in your init file:

    (setq TeX-view-program-list
          '((PDF Tools" TeX-pdf-tools-sync-view)))

    (setq TeX-view-program-selection
          '((output-pdf "PDF Tools")))

I can't build pdf-tools myself right now (it seems to rely on cask which
is not installed on my box).

Adding one or two entries to `TeX-view-program-list-builtin' is not a
big deal.

Best, Arash