Subject: bug#37146: 26.2; (elisp) Interactive Codes, for `K'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:35:03 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is what it says:
>
> 'K'
>      A key sequence, whose definition you intend to change.  This works
>      like 'k', except that it suppresses, for the last input event in
>      the key sequence, the conversions that are normally used (when
>      necessary) to convert an undefined key into a defined one.
>
> That's inadequate.  In this node you have no idea what "the conversions
> that are normally used (when necessary) to convert an undefined key into
> a defined one" are, or even what that phrase means.

Yes, it's pretty obscure.  I've now changed this to the following in
Emacs 28:

@item K
A key sequence on a form that can be used as input to functions like
@code{define-key}.  This works like @samp{k}, except that it
suppresses, for the last input event in the key sequence, the
conversions that are normally used (when necessary) to convert an
undefined key into a defined one (@pxref{Key Sequence Input}), so this
form is usually used when prompting for a new key sequence that is to
be bound to a command.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no