Subject: Re: [bug#37121] [PATCH 00/40] Update Xfce to 4.14

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 14:21:54 +0200

Hello,

L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> Here is my take on updating xfce to 4.14.
>>
>> Woow, thanks for all the work!
>>
>>> The update switches Xfce to gtk-3 but gtk-2 compatibility is kept.
>>> Also there a few changes to add or clarify some features like vala API
>>> or gobject introspection.
>>> Testing is welcome.
>>
>> So, I hope you won’t hate me for asking, but… can we separate the bits
>> that are really part of the Xfce upgrade or required by the upgrade,
>> from those that are not directly related?  The libxklavier, mousepad,
>> and “fix tests” changes come to mind.  That would make the review work
>> less intimidating.  :-)
>>
>> Also, I suspect all the xfce* and libxf* packages need to be upgraded in
>> lockstep; that is, they all need to be either 4.14 or 4.12, but not a
>> mixture thereof.  Thus, I’d actually prefer a single commit upgrading
>> all of these.  WDYT?
>>
>> There are probably exceptions such as Thunar that do not strictly need
>> to be upgraded at the same time; these can remain in a separate commit.
>
> No problem. It's more git training!

:-)

> I'll make a single commit for all xfce4-core packages and leave the rest
> sepearate. Is it ok?

Yes, all those that need to be updated together (which I think are the
libxf* and xfce* packages, but again I’m no Xfce expert) should go in
one patch.

> Also, do you need me to send them at this bug report or a new one?

Please send the Xfce upgrade here, and the patches that are not
Xfce-specific elsewhere.

Thank you!

Ludo’.