Subject: [bug#37121] [PATCH 00/40] Update Xfce to 4.14

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 18:31:08 +0200

Hello,

L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here is my take on updating xfce to 4.14.

Woow, thanks for all the work!

> The update switches Xfce to gtk-3 but gtk-2 compatibility is kept.
> Also there a few changes to add or clarify some features like vala API
> or gobject introspection.
> Testing is welcome.

So, I hope you won’t hate me for asking, but… can we separate the bits
that are really part of the Xfce upgrade or required by the upgrade,
from those that are not directly related?  The libxklavier, mousepad,
and “fix tests” changes come to mind.  That would make the review work
less intimidating.  :-)

Also, I suspect all the xfce* and libxf* packages need to be upgraded in
lockstep; that is, they all need to be either 4.14 or 4.12, but not a
mixture thereof.  Thus, I’d actually prefer a single commit upgrading
all of these.  WDYT?

There are probably exceptions such as Thunar that do not strictly need
to be upgraded at the same time; these can remain in a separate commit.

Thanks,
Ludo’.