Subject: Re: bug#3712: 23.1.50; SECURITY: Tramp creates -rwxrwxrwx permission files with /su and /sudo method

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:34:27 +0200

Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not sure where this difference should be fixed but from user's point
> of view the Tramp part brings the unexpected end result. It's unexpected
> because no other programs create new executable files by default, even
> when umask doesn't mask executable bits.

OK, you've convinced me. Execution bits are removed now for newly
created remote files.

>> As I said already, I cannot reproduce it. However, there seems to be a
>> small annoyance in special cases. I've fixed this. Could you, please,
>> check, whether it is OK now for you?
>
> I could reproduce it before but it seems that not anymore with your
> newest changes. If you want clear steps how to reproduce it I can
> inspect the issue more closely.

If it works also for you it is OK for me.

> Anyway, thanks for your work on Tramp and Emacs! :-)

Best regards, Michael.