Subject: Re: [bug#37098] [PATCH 00/20] gnu: Add Tegaki and its inputs.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:00:17 +0200

Hi Alex,

Thanks for moving forward and pushing this patch series!

Alex Vong <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patch series adds Tegaki and its inputs, which is an Chinese and
> Japanese Handwriting Recognition System. Finally, I can enter
> traditional Chinese using free software only! (I don't know any of the
> other input methods.)
>
> To use it, install python2-tegaki-recognize and one of the
> tegaki-{zinnia,wagomu}-* packages. Then, run "tegaki-recognize -s" to
> start the program (the "-s" flag starts the program in simple mode which
> is what I prefer).
>
> Should I document this in the guix info page?

It would probably make sense, perhaps under “Application Setup” and with
appropriate index entries?

BTW, I noticed this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `build'
tegaki-build -c handwriting-zh_TW.xml wagomu handwriting-zh_TW.meta
building of `/gnu/store/gni774zwaiki6sg2jhcisvpsm07i5hhn-tegaki-wagomu-traditional-chinese-0.3.drv' timed out after 3600 seconds of silence
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This build seems to stick for more than an hour without saying anything.

Do you think it could be sped up or made more verbose?  Otherwise the
build farm will never be patient enough.

Thanks,
Ludo’.