Subject: bug#37092: 27.0.50; ivy-mode: M-x man always inserts a ^ into the minibuffer

From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 20:15:29 -0700

Did that -- I tried again with -Q, after having moved ~/.emacs.d/elpa to
~/.emacs.d/elpa.hid.

I then of course had to M-x list-packages RET and install ivy again; that
turned out to get me ivy-0.12.0, so I updated the repro.el file to reflect
that, then started over (with -Q of course); it did just the same thing.

I started over, this time using the same git commit as the system which
worked -- that failed too! So it's clearly not emacs.  I noticed that on
the system that worked, "man -k ." yielded about 14000 lines of output,
whereas on the system that failed, the same command yielded ".: nothing
appropriate" ... so it's pretty likely that my "man" command is at fault,
not Emacs.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 12:20 PM Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Do you have some site-wide init? (emacs -q still loads that)
>
> I'd try with emacs -Q and a clean package install (remove the
> .emacs.d/elpa/ directory).
>
> --
> Štěpán
>