Subject: bug#37092: 27.0.50; ivy-mode: M-x man always inserts a ^ into the minibuffer

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:01:15 +0200

tags 37092 + notabug
quit

Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:00:05 -0700
> Eric Hanchrow wrote:
>
> > I just typed M-x man RET, and the minibuffer has a ^ in it.  I have no
> > idea why it's there.  Its presence makes it impossible to actually look
> > up a man page, and so I have to delete it by typing <backspace>.  This
> > is annoying.
>
>   (customize-variable 'ivy-initial-inputs-alist)

Hi Eric,

If you experience issues or run into bugs with Ivy, please report them
to the author of that package.  I believe there is an issue tracker at
this link:

https://github.com/abo-abo/swiper

>From there, you should also be able to find the Ivy manual which will
give you more information on how to customize that package.

Since this is related to a third party package and not Emacs itself, I
don't see what more we can do here.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas