Subject: bug#37079: 26.2.90 feature request; bury-frame command for desktop-wm

From: VanL <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:28:16 +1000

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I'm after the 'command' to lowerframe and that is all to see multiple
>> corners of many apps and their frames like a poker player's hand of
>> cards.
>
> I'm probably too silly to understand what you mean: lower-frame [...]

I see, now.  Thanks.  What I needed to do was:

 1. C-h a "lower frame" <-- I looked up the same term in a search engine
 and then I recycled the use of the term 'bury' for 'lower' from
 familiarity with the commands on buffer list to write-up this feature
 request.

> Please try to understand that I'm apparently missing some detail in
> what you want to achieve.

Thank you for your patience.

>> Like Glenn says XFCE has window-key + down-arrow, I'm asking for the
>> command to do that.  I'm not asking for key-binding.
>
> But why does 'lower-frame' not do for your Emacs frame what XFCE's
> window-key + down-arrow does for Glen's?

The two commands 'lower-frame' and 'raise-frame' are exactly what I was
wanting and they are already there in Emacs and work plainly according
to their name.  I didn't try to find them in the most obvious way, as above.