Subject: bug#37079: 26.2.90 feature request; bury-frame command for desktop-wm

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 09:46:27 +0200

> Everybody has their pref for keybinding and I know better to keep my
 > defpref to myself.  I'm after the 'command' to lowerframe and that is
 > all to see multiple corners of many apps and their frames like a poker
 > player's hand of cards.

I'm probably too silly to understand what you mean:

lower-frame is an interactive built-in function in ‘C source code’.

(lower-frame &optional FRAME)

   Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 19.29.

Send FRAME to the back, so it is occluded by any frames that overlap it.
If you don’t specify a frame, the selected frame is used.
If Emacs is displaying on an ordinary terminal or some other device which
doesn’t support multiple overlapping frames, this function does nothing.

Please try to understand that I'm apparently missing some detail in
what you want to achieve.

 > Like Glenn says XFCE has window-key + down-arrow, I'm asking for the
 > command to do that.  I'm not asking for key-binding.

But why does 'lower-frame' not do for your Emacs frame what XFCE's
window-key + down-arrow does for Glen's?

martin