Subject: 25.2; Calc; Key erroneously recorded twice in keyboard macro

From: Christoph Arenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 19:33:04 +0200

In Calc enter:
90 <RET> S <f3> I S <f4>
S <f4>
The first key sequence gives 90 again.
The second key sequence shows 1, however expected is 90 as well.

Looking at the recorded macro with C-x C-k e <RET> shows this:
Command: last-kbd-macro
Key: none

Macro:

ISS            ;; self-insert-command * 3

<view-lossage> shows this:
  C-x * [calc-dispatch]
  * * 9 [calcDigit-start]
  0 [calcDigit-key]
  <return> [calcDigit-nondigit]
  S [calc-sin]
  <f3> [kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter]
  I [calc-inverse]
  S [calc-fancy-prefix-other-key]
  S [calc-sin]
  <f4> [kmacro-end-or-call-macro]
  S [calc-sin]
  <f4> [kmacro-end-or-call-macro]

It looks like the one key press of 'S' was seen twice (as
[calc-fancy-prefix-other-key]
and as [calc-sin]) and also recorded twice in the keyboard macro.
Using the macro thereafter leads to a wrong result.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
  of 2017-09-22, modified by Debian built on lgw01-amd64-050
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --build x86_64-linux-gnu
  --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
  --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
  -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-jYekUr/emacs25-25.2+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
  -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Calculator

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Working...
Keyboard macro defined
Working...
Inverse...
Working... [2 times]
Type "q" in help window to restore previous buffer.
Making completion list...
Mark set
Please enter your report.  Type C-c C-c to send, C-c C-k to abort.
Auto-saving...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
reporter help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib kmacro calc-misc calc-math
calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu easymenu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 123655 11261)
  (symbols 48 23246 0)
  (miscs 40 798 182)
  (strings 32 21504 4226)
  (string-bytes 1 593283)
  (vectors 16 16407)
  (vector-slots 8 484237 6894)
  (floats 8 167 195)
  (intervals 56 304 4)
  (buffers 976 21))