Subject: Re: [bug#37043] [PATCH] gnu: font-ibm-plex: Update to 2.0.0.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 22:00:08 +0200

Alva,

Alva 写道：
>> I wonder whether making 
>> %license-file-regexp in (guix build gnu-build-system) would 
>> have 
>> any unintended consequences. 
>
> My brain added "case-insensitive"; I don't know if that's what 
> you meant. :)

Your brain is absolutely right; mine's still in holiday mode.  :-)

> Anyway, I checked the regexp, and `[Ll]icen[cs]e.*` already 
> matches license.txt,
> so I don't know where it goes wrong.

Not sure what's going on then.

> Yes, my output is different; it contains a number of files that 
> have the
> same names as yours, except prefixed with "._", which file(1) 
> identifies as
> AppleDouble encoded Macintosh files, and LICENSE.txt is missing.
> These files come from the aforementioned __MACOSX directory in 
> the 1.0.1 zip.
> I'm using btrfs, FWIW.

S'oh boy.  My previous ‘good’ output was built on ext4.  Here's 
what building 1.0.1 on btrfs (and 4 cores) gave me.  Safe to say 
this package isn't exactly deterministic there.

  $ guix describe
    Generation 28   Aug 16 2019 15:11:34    (current)
    …
      guix 4cc5e52
        repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
        branch: master
        commit: 4cc5e5204b503afb4536a1e93e2fd7a9f57f12bf

  $ tree `guix build font-ibm-plex`
  /gnu/store/xzxyn6sij2j1sdp9a1p2lg4xwxifhl63-font-ibm-plex-1.0.1
  └── share
      └── fonts
          └── opentype

  3 directories, 0 files

  $

That's 3 very different possible outcomes so far.  My emptiness is 
reproducible on this machine, though.

I've pushed your patch (without the note about it not working 
since It's Complicated and there's no need to justify a bump 
anyway) as 93b3ef1966f9860ae88b87263f8c7f6052565c3f.  It's now 
reproducible on all my file systems, but feel free to try more. 
Thanks!

Kind regards,

T G-R