Subject: bug#37041: closed (Re: bug#37041: 27.0.50; Docstring for `speedbar-supported-extension-expressions' refers to nonexisting variable)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 06:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37041: 27.0.50; Docstring for `speedbar-supported-extension-expressions' refers to nonexisting variable

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37041: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37041
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37041: 27.0.50; Docstring for `speedbar-supported-extension-expressions' refers to nonexisting variable
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Philipp <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:41:35 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 21:55:15 +0200
> 
> 
> The docstring for speedbar-supported-extension-expressions says:
> 
> "If you add an extension to this list, and it does not appear, you may
> need to also modify ‘completion-ignored-extension’ which will also help
> file completion."
> 
> However, there is no variable named `completion-ignored-extension'.

Fixed on the emacs-26 branch.

Please in the future just fix such typos right away, there's no need
to file a bug for them.

Subject: 27.0.50; Docstring for `speedbar-supported-extension-expressions' refers to nonexisting variable
From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 21:55:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The docstring for speedbar-supported-extension-expressions says:

"If you add an extension to this list, and it does not appear, you may
need to also modify ‘completion-ignored-extension’ which will also help
file completion."

However, there is no variable named `completion-ignored-extension'.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G87))
 of 2019-08-15
Repository revision: 96ef76e4e7df73802bf1f2a19c96a143ae365b66
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.6

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-xml2 --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only --enable-checking=all
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O1 -fsanitize=address
 -fsanitize=undefined -fno-omit-frame-pointer''

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils phst skeleton
derived edmacro kmacro pcase ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
subr-x rx cl-extra help-mode easymenu gnutls puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dbus xml cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60770 5133)
 (symbols 48 7950 1)
 (strings 32 20861 2048)
 (string-bytes 1 689424)
 (vectors 16 12855)
 (vector-slots 8 160241 9816)
 (floats 8 32 26)
 (intervals 56 200 0)
 (buffers 992 11))