Subject: bug#37041: 27.0.50; Docstring for `speedbar-supported-extension-expressions' refers to nonexisting variable

From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 21:55:15 +0200

The docstring for speedbar-supported-extension-expressions says:

"If you add an extension to this list, and it does not appear, you may
need to also modify ‘completion-ignored-extension’ which will also help
file completion."

However, there is no variable named `completion-ignored-extension'.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G87))
 of 2019-08-15
Repository revision: 96ef76e4e7df73802bf1f2a19c96a143ae365b66
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.6

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-xml2 --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only --enable-checking=all
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O1 -fsanitize=address
 -fsanitize=undefined -fno-omit-frame-pointer''

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils phst skeleton
derived edmacro kmacro pcase ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
subr-x rx cl-extra help-mode easymenu gnutls puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dbus xml cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60770 5133)
 (symbols 48 7950 1)
 (strings 32 20861 2048)
 (string-bytes 1 689424)
 (vectors 16 12855)
 (vector-slots 8 160241 9816)
 (floats 8 32 26)
 (intervals 56 200 0)
 (buffers 992 11))