Subject: Re: bug#37034: 26.2.90; checkdoc doesn't support cl-defgeneric, cl-defmethod and cl-defun

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 14:28:30 +0200

Hi Alex,

Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:
> tags 37034 + patch

thank you for your patch. Nevertheless, it's not going to be enough. For
example, CL methods can have this signature:

(cl-defmethod navigel-children ((entities list) callback)
  "Execute CALLBACK with the children of ENTITIES as argument."
  (navigel-async-mapcar entities  #'navigel-children callback))

But this crashes checkdoc+patch because it expects each element of the
parameter list to be a symbol which (entities list) is not.

Also, CL methods accept &key and &context to specify parameters. Those
should be taken care of by checkdoc in one way or another.

-- 
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill