Subject: bug#37021: GuixSD 1.01-i686 install DVD boot failure on Macbook1,1: failed to resolve partition

From: Calvin Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 15:32:06 -0700

Apologies for the formatting errors in the previous email. Hopefully this message is cleaner.

GRUB loads.  
I add acpi=off to the boot options and boot.  Otherwise, the screen goes black
with a '-' symbol at the top left corner and freezes.

So, after booting with acpi=off, the display shows the following lines (with timestamps on the 
left, but I had to manually transcribe so I left them off):

%<---------------begin pasted text-----------------------
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.7: Found HC with no IRQ. Check BIOS/PCI 0000:00:1d.7 setup!
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.7: init 0000:00:1d.7 fail, -19
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.0: Found HC with no IRQ. Check BIOS/PCI 0000:00:1d.0 setup!
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.0: init 0000:00:1d.0 fail, -19
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.1: Found HC with no IRQ. Check BIOS/PCI 0000:00:1d.1 setup!
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.1: init 0000:00:1d.1 fail, -19
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.2: Found HC with no IRQ. Check BIOS/PCI 0000:00:1d.2 setup!
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.2: init 0000:00:1d.2 fail, -19
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.3: Found HC with no IRQ. Check BIOS/PCI 0000:00:1d.3 setup!
 ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.3: init 0000:00:1d.7 fail, -19
 GC Warning: pthread_getattr_np or pthread_attr_getstack failed for main thread
 GC Warning: couldn't read /proc/stat
 Welcome, this is GNU's early boot Guile.
 Use '--repl' for an initrd REPL.
 
 loading kernel modules...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...
 ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
 failed to resolve partition "31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833"
 %<-------------end paste---------------------------------

And then it enters the Guile 2.2.4 prompt, but the keyboard and USB ports
are disabled at this stage, so I can't use it.