Subject: bug#37021: GuixSD 1.01-i686 install DVD boot failure on Macbook1, 1: failed to resolve partition

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 17:26:50 -0400

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 16:31:19 +0200
> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> could you try booting https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YTPS2jt1l3VMyE4LTbMCoy7DnEu7etv from DVD and later from USB Flash drive?
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean that one.  Wrong architecture.
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=15aGwwzF8IrijSKeUi1OWRbl0aPKGGW4b
>
> (guix master for i686)

I appreciate your effort to make life easier for Calvin, but in general
it seems like a bad security practice to post large unsigned disk images
and asking users to try them.  A digital signature from you would
improve matters somewhat, but ideally there should also be a description
of how to reproduce this image.

It's also not good to be promoting Google Drive here, which requires
non-free Javascript.  I'm aware that IceCat includes an extension to
allow Google Drive to at least partially work with LibreJS, but I was
unable to easily get it to work on my IceCat configuration where I use
NoScript instead.

    Thoughts?
       Mark