Subject: bug#37016: 26.2; `pushnew' doc string (minor)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 06:13:08 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. Why does the first line of the doc string start with the calling
>    sequence (it's on the same line as the start of the doc string).
>
> 2. The first "sentence" is a bit misleading.  It actually says that X is
>    inserted at the head of the list if it is not already at the head of
>    the list, which is not right.  It should say something like "if not
>    already in the list", or "if not already a member of the list".
>
> 3. The doc string doesn't say what PLACE is, except that you can guess
>    from the description that it must be a list.  To really understand
>    you need to consult the doc of `push'.  The doc of `pushnew' could
>    say what is said in the doc of `push', without being longer than it
>    is now.
>
> 4. Even the doc string of `push' should say that a _list_ is stored in
>    PLACE.

I've now clarified the doc string as you suggest on the trunk.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no