Subject: Re: bug#37015: man link gives me car: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 13:29:53 -0400

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:16 PM Jean Louis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X
> toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
>
>         Hyperbole:   7.0.3a
>         Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
>         OS Type:     gnu/linux
>         Window Sys:  x
>         News Reader: Gnus v5.13
>
> Making completion list...
> <(Read)> executes (man-show "grep")
>

I created this exact explicit button in my HYPB global button file, didn't
even save the file, activated the button and it displayed the man page
perfectly (Hyperbole 7.0.3b under MacOS).

> Invoking man grep in the background
> if: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-sizeUnable to load color
> "unspecified-bg"
> Unable to load color "unspecified-fg"
>

It looks like you have some personal color settings that are not
recognized, maybe associated with your man page display package.

> car: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size
> next-line: End of buffer
>

I think this problem is outside of Hyperbole.  I will close this issue
unless you point to any code reference within Hyperbole that causes such a
problem.

FYI, if you use {C-h h c d} to turn on debug logging for Hyperbole buttons,
then activate one or more buttons and then compose a Hyperbole list mail
message with {C-h h m c}, a log of the buttons and actions that you ran
will be included with your but/issue report.  {C-h h c d} will then toggle
this feature off.

Bob