Subject: Re: bug#37013: LyX can not find refstyle.sty

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 23:29:52 +0200

Hi Xavier,

thanks for the report!

> Since it loaded inputenc, the package just before refstyle, from
> /gnu/store/wy5865kh09qak63rpq3v47wnxv2gj1y0-texlive-union-49435/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/inputenc.sty,
> and /gnu/store/wy5865kh09qak63rpq3v47wnxv2gj1y0-texlive-union-49435/ does not contain refstyle, I
> think that the problem is that LyX uses the pdflatex from this
> textlive-union instead of the one from the full texlive.

The problem is that Lyx is configured to use the texlive-union that was
provided during the build.  It should prefer an optional TeX Live
installation that the user provides.  Perhaps we can make it
(optionally?) look up the TeX Live tools on PATH before falling back to
its texlive-union.

> LyX has a reconfigure option (Tools -> Reconfigure) but it does not
> seem to help.

Investigating this might be a good starting point.

--
Ricardo