Subject: Re: bug#37007: Problem with the menu-bars in mode "org" and "auctex"

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 10:07:42 +0200

> Dragging the mouse was one, of different, ways to test. Of course I
 > normally don't drag the mouse.

OK.  Just that here, when dragging the mouse, no menu pops up since
Emacs handles the mouse tracking itself and ignores the menu bar
during that.

 > Hitting F10 invokes the correct and complete menus in the different
 > modes. Moreover a new mode does not any longer seem to inherit menus
 > from the previous used buffer. When shifting between buffers it is
 > necessary to hit F10 again to get complete menus.

So we have two different issues: One is that the items shown on the
menu bar do not correspond to the items one should see wrt the
selected window's buffer.  The other is that popping up a specific
menu shows blacked-out entries.  I wonder whether the second issue is
a consequence of the former.  If so, some error should have been
reported.  Are you sure nothing the like shows up in *Messages*?

 > The F10 command seems to correctly load the menus which does not
 > happen only by shifting into a certain buffer. Thus there must be
 > some problem with the invocation of the menus.

What could F10 possibly do the mouse doesn't?  I'm lost.

martin