Subject: Re: bug#37007: Problem with the menu-bars in mode "org" and "auctex"

From: Anders Rydvall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:08:43 +0200

Martin!

Dragging the mouse was one, of different, ways to test. Of course I 
normally don't drag the mouse.

Hitting F10 invokes the correct and complete menus in the different 
modes. Moreover a new mode does not any longer seem to inherit menus 
from the previous used buffer. When shifting between buffers it is 
necessary to hit F10 again to get complete menus.

The F10 command seems to correctly load the menus which does not happen 
only by shifting into a certain buffer. Thus there must be some problem 
with the invocation of the menus. However I'm, for the moment, more 
happy. I can use Emacs. Hopefully the problem will be solved in a future 
version.

Regards

Anders

Den 2019-08-21 kl. 09:37, skrev martin rudalics:
> > Yes, I meant "dragging" the mouse.
>
> Why on earth would you "drag" the mouse in order to pick a menu entry?
> I'm not aware of any menu entries that change their semantics when
> dragging an object on them.  What happens when you hit <f10> and use the
> keyboard to select a menu item?
>
> > When starting emacs -Q I cant see any different behavior. Invoking
> > dired with C-x d or M-x dired give the same result - incomplete
> > menues as shown in dired1. However "dragging" the mouse opens the
> > menues shown in dired2.
>
> Maybe you should indeed try to downgrade Emacs to see if the problem
> is related to the current version.  Provided you can do that ...
>
> martin