Subject: bug#37007: Problem with the menu-bars in mode "org" and "auctex"

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 10:24:25 +0200

> It seems to be by random(I am maybe not enough systematic). At one
 > occasion all menus came up correctly in
 > latexmode((latexOK.png). Next try came with obviously corrupted
 > command-menu(latex_wrongCommand.png). I get those by dragging the
 > mouse from "tools" upwards and then down to "preview". But not every
 > time.

I suppose you mean just "moving" the mouse, here we use "dragging" for
moving the mouse with one of its buttons pressed.  Are "tools" and
"peview" submenus of the latex menu?

 > Today I cant get the correct menues for org-mode
 > directly(0rg1.org2,org3) but, at one occasion, skifting from
 > latexmode after I got the menus there the menues come also in
 > org-mode though not the correct "text"(org4.png).

Are all wrong entries somewhat related to latex?  From the text above
it sounds so.  But since you earlier said that 'dired' had similar
problems ...

I would try to isolate the problematic modes first, if there are any.
For example, if you start Emacs with -Q and invoke 'dired', can you
produce the problem?

 > Downgrading Emacs?? In that case to what version? Is it in that case
 > necessary also to downgrade GTK??

It depends.  If the problem is in the GTK version, it might help to
downgrade GTK only (not really advisable if other applications depend
on a GTK library).  In either case, downgrading anything should be the
last option to try.

martin