Subject: Re: bug#37007: Problem with the menu-bars in mode "org" and "auctex"

From: Anders Rydvall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 00:45:38 +0200

Martin!

It seems to be by random(I am maybe not enough systematic). At one 
occasion  all menus came up correctly in latexmode((latexOK.png). Next 
try came with obviously corrupted command-menu(latex_wrongCommand.png). 
I get those by dragging the mouse from "tools" upwards and then down to 
"preview". But not every time.

Today I cant get the correct menues for org-mode 
directly(0rg1.org2,org3) but, at one occasion, skifting from latexmode 
after I got the menus there the menues come also in org-mode though not 
the correct "text"(org4.png).

I've also played somewhat with fonts but no result.

Downgrading Emacs?? In that case to what version? Is it in that case 
necessary also  to downgrade GTK??

Regards

Anders

Den 2019-08-15 kl. 10:12, skrev martin rudalics:
> > Today I noted very odd behavior. Suddenly i got all the menus in
> > org-mode(org-mode.png).
>
> Can you trigger both behaviors (the one with and the one without the
> bug) using org-mode alone?  So far we can rule out only that length or
> number of menu bar entries matter much.
>
> > When opening a .tex file there was opened most of the menus but
> > "command" is obviously inherited from org-mode(latex1.png)! and
> > "math"and "ref" were still absent(latex2.png). I hope this will give
> > a clue to the solution!
>
> Hardly.  I don't have Auctex installed but I doubt that math and ref
> would contain any special entries your toolkit can't display (in
> particular without any warning).  You could try to play with the font
> or size of menu text if you find a knob to do that on your system.
>
> martin