Subject: Re: Emacs 27 master consumes more memory than 26 and freezes regularly

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 10:03:45 +0300

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Akater <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked], Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 14:34:56 -0700
> 
> On 9/5/19 2:28 PM, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> 
> > I see lots of garbage collection messages after a few minutes, so it
> > seems to be working.  If garbage collection stops after Emacs has been
> > running longer, I'll report back.
> 
> Thanks for checking. I'll close the bug report (again :-). If the bug 
> reappears I can reopen it again.

Thanks for fixing the bug.  I wonder if it would make sense to have a
simple test for this particular use case, as this seems to be quite a
popular technique these days in users' init files.  The test would do
the sequence of GC settings like the one which triggered this bug, and
then verify that GC happens after it when expected.

WDYT?