Subject: [bug#36999] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-forge.

From: Oleg Pyhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 12:26:25 +0300

Hi Brian,

Apologies for a delay with response.

Brian Leung <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Oleg,
>
> I've made a patch off the latest master branch with a version of emacs-ghub
> that should meet the requirements of emacs-forge.

Thank you!

[…]

>> I notice that emacs-forge, in its forge-pkg.el file, mentions newer
>> dependencies than what we currently have: ghub version 20190319, which
>> apparently contains a fix for a relevant bug; and Magit version 20190408.
>> I'm not sure how important the update to Magit is, and this newer version
>> of Magit also happens to depend on an additional package, libegit2. It
>> might be nice to update our version of ghub.

Unfortunately Magit update is needed, because on a GitLab instance you
could list issues but not open them to take a look on a content.

New Magit requires https://github.com/magit/libegit2 which I try to
build, but stuck.  I succeeded to build ‘libgit2.so’ and load it in
Emacs, but ‘featurep’ procedure says that feature is not loaded.

I think we should not merge partially working emacs-forge.

Regards,
Oleg.