Subject: bug#36991: closed (Re: bug#36991: spacefm segmentation fault)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 00:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36991: spacefm segmentation fault

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36991: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36991
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36991: spacefm segmentation fault
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: ison <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 20:56:36 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

ison <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just discovered that the segmentation fault on wayland can be avoided by
> starting spacefm with:
> WAYLAND_DISPLAY= spacefm
> Hopefully this enables you or anyone else to be able to keep using this
> great file browser while on wayland.

Thanks for sharing the tip.

As this is a Wayland-specific upstream issue unresolved [0] since 2014,
I'll close this on our side.

[0] https://github.com/IgnorantGuru/spacefm/issues/412

Thanks for reporting!

Maxim

Subject: spacefm segmentation fault
From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 13:22:58 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've just installed spacefm. When I launch it I get a warning about
not having my root editor configured, and then I get a segmentation
fault. Nothing ever appears graphically. I believe these issues are
unrelated, but I can't be sure.

brad@kazuki:~/ > spacefm

(spacefm:18027): SpaceFM-WARNING **: 13:01:17.628: No root settings
found in /gnu/store/6drirn0mil0maz1wjzf5q6hhnsdc3hq0-spacefm-1.0.6/etc/spacefm/
 Setting a root editor in Preferences should remove this warning on
startup.   Otherwise commands run as root may present a security risk.
zsh: segmentation fault  spacefm

guix version:
guix (GNU Guix) 355ba48c463a786149cb6bef8396090c0d6d3498