Subject: 27.0.50; Calling newline in org src opens org src edit

From: Deric Bytes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 15:26:59 +0100

Calling M-x newline when in org src block. Turns it yellow and prevents
editing (it opens org edit src )

I have tried the latest emacs and org-mode. And run the following code
in an emacs -q

note: I changed the key-maps to include just ones available in default emacs

(defun setup-buf1 ()
  (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create test-buffer-name)
    (erase-buffer)
    (insert "
  #+begin_src elisp :result output
    (setq a \"grass\")
  #+end_src
")
    (org-mode)))

(defun code-that-activates-bad-behaviour ()
  (interactive)
  (switch-to-buffer test-buffer-name)
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (save-excursion
    (search-forward "grass")
    (goto-char (point-at-eol))
    (call-interactively 'newline)
    (insert "h")
    (forward-sexp 1)))

(progn
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacsd-main/el-get/org-mode/lisp")
  (require 'org)
  (setq test-buffer-name "my-test-buf")
  (setq org-src-preserve-indentation t)
  (setq org-src-window-setup 'current-window)
  (setq org-src-strip-leading-and-trailing-blank-lines t)
  (setq org-edit-src-content-indentation 2)
  (setq org-src-tab-acts-natively t))

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacs-config/dem/setup-dem/")

(defun org-src-edit-mode-setup ()
  (let* ((b (ignore-errors
     (current-buffer)))
(bufn (and b
   (buffer-name b))))
    (when (string-match "\\`*Org Src " bufn)

      (let ((mpk-map (copy-keymap org-mode-map))
   (qa-map (copy-keymap emacs-lisp-mode-map))
   (f-map (copy-keymap abbrev-map)))

(define-key mpk-map (kbd "o") qa-map)
(define-key qa-map (kbd "f") f-map)
(define-key f-map (kbd "s") 'find-file)

(define-key mpk-map  (kbd "s")  Info-mode-map)

(define-key org-src-mode-map (kbd "b") mpk-map)))))

(add-hook 'org-src-mode-hook 'org-src-edit-mode-setup)

(setup-buf1)
(code-that-activates-bad-behaviour)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30,
cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2019-07-02 built on Slug
Repository revision: b35f378d6e7d52393f1afc32a6f9880b9240af91
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Invalid image ‘:rotation’ parameter [10 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Making completion list...
Loading
/home/dericbytes/emacs-config/dem/test-init/init-org-src-fix-test.el
(source)...done

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-xwidgets --with-cairo --with-modules
 --with-imagemagick'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail edmacro kmacro org-element
cl-seq avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-git diff-mode easymenu
easy-mmode dired dired-loaddefs elec-pair mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 142197 9860)
 (symbols 48 16806 1)
 (strings 32 53628 2358)
 (string-bytes 1 1847588)
 (vectors 16 25566)
 (vector-slots 8 280844 11248)
 (floats 8 174 71)
 (intervals 56 416 0)
 (buffers 992 17))