Subject: bug#36983: 27.0.50; ansi-term gets disturbed with unicode characters

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 09:10:00 -0400

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

> * Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> [2019-08-09 14:09]:
>> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > This screen recording may show what is happening:
>> > https://gnu.support/files/tmp/2019-08-09-11:23:11.ogv
>> >
>> > When there is unicode character, there can be error, it seems as it
>> > will not refresh nicely.
>> 
>> Do you get the same problem if you call 'cat file' in ansi-term, where
>> 'file' contains those characters?
>
> If I use elinks, lynx, mutt, and view any page with Unicode characters
> I get the problem

Since you mentioned Turkish, I looked at
https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anasayfa in lynx under ansi-term; it seems
okay.  Could you please provide a specific example that doesn't require
access to your email account?