Subject: Re: bug#36979: closed (Re: bug#36979: Calendar: mention how to copy date)

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 22:39:19 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Yes, but is that the "proper" way to copy them?
  > One has to (know to) look in *Messages*, find the line one wants with
  > the cursor, and copy that line, no more, no less.

*Messages* is a general-purpose feature that lets you do all sorts of
things with echo area messages, including copy them.  Having
general-purpose features like this makes Emacs cleaner and simpler
than having many special-purpose features for doing various jobs of
this kind.

Instead of making and documenting some special-purpose features for
copying messages from calendar commands, we should document that you
can do it by going to the *Messages* buffer.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)