Subject: bug#36971: 27.0.50; gamegrid-add-score writes to /tmp, not gamegrid-user-score-file-directory

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 06:42:11 +0200

Sven Joachim <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have just played a Tetris game (very nice with the bigger glyphs,
> thank you for that!), and Emacs wrote the score file to
> /tmp/tetris-scores, rather than /home/sven/.emacs.d/games/tetris-scores.
>
> ,----
> | gamegrid-user-score-file-directory is a variable defined in ‘gamegrid.el’.
> | Its value is "~/.emacs.d/games/"
> | 
> | Documentation:
> | A directory for game scores which can’t be shared.
> | If Emacs was built without support for shared game scores, then this
> | directory will be used.
> `----
>
> This version of Emacs is built without support for shared game scores,
> AFAICT.

The code in question is a bit confusing -- there are many different
possibilities, like a shared directory and executables to manage that.
But I think that basically the logic is wrong: In a default environment
(no shared), it should write to gamegrid-user-score-file-directory, not
"/tmp", so I've changed that on the trunk now to be more in line with
documented behaviour.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no