Subject: bug#43715: closed (Re: bug#36967: 27.0.50; Duplicate lines in xref output)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 01:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36967: 28.0.50; Duplicate results in project-find-regexp

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36967: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36967
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36967: 27.0.50; Duplicate lines in xref output
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 03:42:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

On 09.12.2020 15:57, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> On 09.12.2020 05:53, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>> Using xref-file-location-column there kind of breaks the abstraction. 
>> I was thinking more along the lines of text-prop search for the column 
>> inside the summary string:
> 
> Although we'll probably make it an optional method, just like 
> xref-location-line is already.

And now done.

I've pushed the slightly tweaked Juri's patch and the change described 
above.

With that, the bug should be fixed now. Please let me know if something 
is still amiss.

Thanks all!

Subject: 28.0.50; Duplicate results in project-find-regexp
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:31:36 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I was search a regular expression 'mail' in project ~/.emacs.d. This is
part of the result,

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/lisp/init-email.el
 1: ;;; init-email.el --- configure Email -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
 1: ;;; init-email.el --- configure Email -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
17: ;; (add-hook 'mail-citation-hook 'sc-cite-original)
34: ;;   "Fetch email addresses from the email headers."
34: ;;   "Fetch email addresses from the email headers."
42: (provide 'init-email)
43: ;;; init-email.el ends here
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Notice the duplicate results from line number 1 and 34.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-09-30 built on BigBook.local
Repository revision: 6c0f1c26d296132e37b2508a00efc73f3df95b0c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail grep cl-extra two-column
iso-transl jka-compr rect vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher misearch multi-isearch
checkdoc lisp-mnt display-line-numbers elec-pair paren hideshow
semantic/db-mode semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet init server vtl cl init-java init-kotlin
init-javascript company js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs eglot array filenotify
jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace help-mode xref pcase url-util project
imenu init-elisp init-keys init-modeline init-looks init-editorconfig
init-speedbar init-recentf recentf tree-widget wid-edit init-date-time
solar cal-dst init-crypto init-browser init-icomplete icomplete
init-which-key which-key init-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile
warnings init-dired init-org org-indent org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-compat advice org-macs init-erc erc-auth erc-join
erc-goodies erc erc-backend iso8601 thingatpt pp format-spec
erc-loaddefs init-email message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader init-ibuffer edmacro kmacro info
early-init package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 230973 19997)
 (symbols 48 24482 1)
 (strings 32 78131 9692)
 (string-bytes 1 2747741)
 (vectors 16 38606)
 (vector-slots 8 466323 22924)
 (floats 8 446 170)
 (intervals 56 5098 0)
 (buffers 992 18))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid

GnuPG Fingerprint => 0B62 7424 3B26 A911 052A  DDE6 7C95 6E6F F858 7689