Subject: Re: bug#36961: Can't use microphone in ungoogled-chromium

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 13:19:29 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> In Chromium if you click on the camera button right of the address bar,
> you can see the per-domain permissions.  In my case, they are granted
> to meet.jit.si.
>
> The compile-time configuration javascript that Jack mentioned might have
> something to do with this.

Hello!

Sorry for the slow response here...

I can confirm that removing audio_capture_enabled from
master_preferences.json solves this issue.  Fix pushed in
5ee1c0459eebdd3b7771abaeab0f0b52ff86fdd5.

For existing Chromium profiles, you will need to close all browser
windows and run

 sed -i 's/"audio_capture_enabled":false/"audio_capture_enabled":true/' \
     ~/.config/chromium/Default/Preferences 

...to get the new default.

Thanks!