Subject: bug#36961: Can't use microphone in ungoogled-chromium

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 13:06:30 +0200

Hello Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I have the same issue, but the pavucontrol trick does not do it for me
>>> as I have only one microphone (the one of my webcam on my laptop) and
>>> it's not muted.
>>>
>>> ungoogled-chromium complains about an "Error obtaining microphone permission."
>>>
>>> Note that both the webcam and the microphone work in other contexts
>>> (e.g. audacity, appear.in).
>>
>> Here is a screenshot of the error message I get in chromium with the mic
>> activated in pavucontrol.
>
> That’s about granting permission to use the microphone.
>
> Jitsi should have a button to request permission for the web page to use
> the microphone or webcam, which in turn should trigger a dialog box from
> the browser where you can allow/disallow and choose devices.  Did you go
> through that process?

Yes, I have tried to manually force allowing of the microphone for Jitsi
but Chromium fallback to "blocked" even when manually selecting the
"allowed" (either in the URL bar icon or in chromium settings
interface).

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37