Subject: bug#36961: Can't use microphone in ungoogled-chromium

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 23:36:12 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have the same issue, but the pavucontrol trick does not do it for me
>> as I have only one microphone (the one of my webcam on my laptop) and
>> it's not muted.
>>
>> ungoogled-chromium complains about an "Error obtaining microphone permission."
>>
>> Note that both the webcam and the microphone work in other contexts
>> (e.g. audacity, appear.in).
>
> Here is a screenshot of the error message I get in chromium with the mic
> activated in pavucontrol.

That’s about granting permission to use the microphone.

Jitsi should have a button to request permission for the web page to use
the microphone or webcam, which in turn should trigger a dialog box from
the browser where you can allow/disallow and choose devices.  Did you go
through that process?

HTH,
Ludo’.