Subject: bug#36958: 27.0.50; SQL buffer local connection parameters are ignored

From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 16:37:52 +0200

Hi,

Two related issues concerning the sql product and process parameters
customization.

 1) Buffer local sql variables (sql-user, sql-server etc) are ignored by comint
   process builder (sql-product-interactive). Happens because of the change back
   in 2012 (f6561e1f9a56119bf) which made only the default values to take
   effect.

   Consequently, there seem not to be a good way to customize sql process per
   dir/buffer. 

 2) :sqli-login keys in sql-product-alist are just as well ignored. So if I
   create a new entry in sql-product-alist with custom login details, those
   won't take effect.

It seems that both of these issues are contrary to the original design as
described in the comments section of sql.el.

  Vitalie

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2019-08-07 built on NB277
Repository revision: 2e29a2580e22bb708c9578b9b25a0b9a9b862936
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS