Subject: Re: [bug#36956] [PATCH] machine: Automatically authorize the coordinator's signing key.

From: [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 16:52:33 -0400

Hi Chris and Ricardo,

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> writes:

> This seems like a good usability improvement. For clarity, I assume
> that it's still configurable, however? Would be important if pushing
> builds to a different machine.

No, but you raise a good point :)  I'll update this patch to make it
configurable.

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> This will overwrite an existing acl file on the remote with a copy
> that differs only in the newly added key.
>
> Is there a chance for corruption, e.g. if acl->public-keys returns
> something unexpected?

I suppose it's possible. 'guix archive --authorize' doesn't seem to do
any specific handling for it, but it doesn't hurt to be paranoid -- we
"atomically" overwrite the GC root for the bootloader configuration, for
example, and we could do something similar here. I'll include it in the
updated patch.

Regards,
Jakob