Subject: bug#36944: Xfce Panel shortcuts after updates might not work

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 18:27:45 +0800

[email-masked] writes:

> Hello! Sometimes, when Icecat or Pcmanfm-qt update, I am not able to run them from shortcuts I've add to
> panel as Items (right mouse click - Panel - Add new Item).
> This is because applications addresses were changed after update (because guix adds hash to application
> folder).
> This makes me need to delete shortcut and add again.
> Xfce is not in account in this. Xfce does not use /home/user/.giux-profile/bin folder for those shortcuts. Xfce
> uses /gnu/store/hashhashahsh-icecat-60.1/bin/icecat instead. And this is my trouble.
>
> Do you think we can solve this?

No solution yet, but i confirm this issue does exists..

After add a launcher for chroium in xfce4-panel, i got:

$ cat panel/launcher-9/16929589731.desktop

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Chromium
GenericName=Web Browser
Comment=Access the Internet
Exec=/gnu/store/0bm0k38601acm56pv5jkl6wgvm0rj5xc-ungoogled-chromium-112.0.5615.165-1/bin/chromium %U
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
Icon=chromium
Type=Application
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=application/pdf;application/rdf+xml;application/rss+xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xhtml_xml;application/xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;image/webp;text/html;text/xml;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;
Actions=new-window;new-private-window;
X-XFCE-Source=file:///home/iyzsong/.guix-home/profile/share/applications/chromium.desktop

[Desktop Action new-window]
Name=New Window
Exec=/gnu/store/0bm0k38601acm56pv5jkl6wgvm0rj5xc-ungoogled-chromium-112.0.5615.165-1/bin/chromium

[Desktop Action new-private-window]
Name=New Incognito Window
Exec=/gnu/store/0bm0k38601acm56pv5jkl6wgvm0rj5xc-ungoogled-chromium-112.0.5615.165-1/bin/chromium --incognito
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So it hardcode store paths in 'Exec'.