Subject: bug#36942: Reconfigure broke GRUB

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:17:48 +0200

Hello ison,

ison <[email-masked]> skribis:

> At least it's giving an error this time:
> error: '/gnu/store/drz35fc...-grub-efi-2.02/sbin/grub-install --boot-directory /mnt/boot --bootloader-id=Guix --efi-directory /boot/efi' exited with status 1: output follows:
>   /gnu/store/drz35fc...-grub-efi-2.02/sbin/grub-install: error: /gnu/store/drz35fc...-grub-efi-2.02/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh doesn't exist. Please specify --target or --directory.
>
> My bootloader is section is still:
>   (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
>                (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
>                (target "/boot/efi")))

The message above is telling that it’s trying to do a “BIOS” (as opposed
to EFI) install of GRUB, but you specified ‘grub-efi’, hence the
failure.

Is your system really EFI?

Anyway, this issue is different from the original one, so perhaps we
should discuss it on help-guix?

Thanks,
Ludo’.