Subject: bug#36942: Reconfigure broke GRUB

From: ison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:27:59 -0600

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019, Jakob L. Kreuze wrote:
> ison <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Sounds good, I'll reinstall it over the weekend
> 
> Thank you :)

So I attempted a re-install and surprisingly it still fails.
I attempted 3 times. Using the graphical installer without efi,
manual install without efi, manual install with efi. All downloaded
and built everything successfully only to fail at the bootloader.
If the problem was my config then I'd think my first attempt would
have succeeded because the graphical installation automatically
built the config file.

At least it's giving an error this time:
error: '/gnu/store/drz35fc...-grub-efi-2.02/sbin/grub-install --boot-directory /mnt/boot --bootloader-id=Guix --efi-directory /boot/efi' exited with status 1: output follows:
  /gnu/store/drz35fc...-grub-efi-2.02/sbin/grub-install: error: /gnu/store/drz35fc...-grub-efi-2.02/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh doesn't exist. Please specify --target or --directory.

My bootloader is section is still:
  (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
               (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
               (target "/boot/efi")))