Subject: bug#36940: tests slowness and failure after recent Tramp changes

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 11:27:26 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi again,

Hi Stefan,

> Thanks a lot for working on this.  Please find attached the log file
> you requested, and do tell me if there is anything more I can do to
> help.

What I see is that the string to be searched for in the tests is
different from what the test should use. The test declares the string

"Γυρίστε το Γαλαξία με Ώτο Στοπ"

The fourth character is "ί", which is 

character: ί (displayed as ί) (codepoint 943, #o1657, #x3af)
name: GREEK SMALL LETTER IOTA WITH TONOS

In your search, the following string is used instead

"Γυρίστε το Γαλαξία με Ώτο Στοπ"

The fourth character is replaced by the two characters "ί", which are

character: ι (displayed as ι) (codepoint 953, #o1671, #x3b9)
name: GREEK SMALL LETTER IOTA

character: ́ (displayed as ́) (codepoint 769, #o1401, #x301)
name: COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT

I have no idea how and why the replacement happened. Could somebody with
UTF-8 background chime in, please? Or is it a font issue?

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.