Subject: bug#36924: Mesa/GDM/XFCE

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:40:09 +0200

Hallo!

Thanks for the report, Andreas!

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> xfwm4: ../mesa-19.1.4/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/intel_mipmap_tree.c:1293: intel_miptree_match_image: Zusicherung »image->TexObject->Target == mt->target« nicht erfüllt.

That’s the likely root cause to me (in which case it may be unrelated to
this <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36924>, after all.)

I found these bug reports:

  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=107117
  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1678334

In both cases, Xfce and Mesa’s i965 drivers are involved, as is the case
on your machine.  The 2nd bug report includes an xfwm4 patch, even.

I wonder if Xfce before the recent updates (so before
8549e0ca6fd68a57253471436de49b88b2d47e64) works better.

Andreas, if you feel like it, could you try:

  guix pull --commit=97ce5964fb5d52cf2151fea685e28fa23a98b264
  sudo guix system reconfigure …

?

Thanks,
Ludo’.