Subject: bug#36924: fixing GDM + GNOME Shell

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 22:59:58 -0400

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It's interesting that I've never run into this problem, not even once,
>> in all my years of running GNOME on Guix systems.  Since recently
>> reverting to mostly using GNOME under X and GDM (whereas for a while I
>> was mostly launching GNOME manually under Wayland), I've run into some
>> other problems, e.g. GDM suspending my system automatically, sometimes
>> immediately after logging out, but I've *never* had to remove my caches.
>
> Interesting.

FWIW, I’m having the same good luck as Mark.  Other than the upgrade
from 3.24 to 3.28, I’ve never had this kind of trouble with GNOME and
GDM.  And even then, IIRC, the issue wasn’t really with the state files
(deleting them just happened to serve as a temporary work-around).

-- Tim