Subject: bug#36918: 26.2.90; calendar: the chinese sexagesimal name for month is wrong

From: Zhang Haijun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 07:23:57 +0000

In GNU Emacs 26.2.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.60 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G7024))
 of 2019-06-15 built on jundeMac
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Computing Chinese date...
Chinese date: Cycle 78, year 36 (Ji-Hai), month 7 (Ren-Shen), day 4 (Gui-You)

———————————————————————

The sexagesimal name for month today should be Xin-Wei not Ren-Shen. It will becomes Ren-Shen after 4 days(on 8/8. which is the beginning of autumn). As far as I known, It always changes at the monment when the ecliptic longitude is 15, 45, 75 … (for every 30 degrees).

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules --disable-acl
 --without-makeinfo 'CC=cc ' CFLAGS=-O2
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Users/jun/source/build-emacs-master/brew/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-move cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs elec-pair time-date
china-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 214033 11356)
 (symbols 48 20927 1)
 (miscs 40 375 268)
 (strings 32 30830 2371)
 (string-bytes 1 854532)
 (vectors 16 36310)
 (vector-slots 8 789560 10922)
 (floats 8 571 100)
 (intervals 56 489 50)
 (buffers 992 12))