Subject: Re: bug#36903: 27.0.50; gnus registry vs. debbugs

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:31:26 -0700

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> Okay, I'll make that change in gnus-registry.el, and elsewhere. I'll
>>> keep that design goal in mind, though I wouldn't be surprised if we run
>>> into more weirdness in this situation where the user's gnus.el has been
>>> loaded, but then Gnus itself shut down.
>>
>> Okay, that's done and pushed.
>
> FWIW, I still get an error running the scenario Michael H. has
> given. Emacs compiled after a recent pull. The backtrace is

Yeah, I was too hasty with this whole thing. The backtrace you posted
seems to be unrelated to the registry issue I was trying to fix (at
least, I can't immediately see how it could arise from that), but I'll
see if I can reproduce. Unfortunately different users are likely to run
into different problems, because their gnus.el files will contain
different customizations.