Subject: bug#36903: 27.0.50; gnus registry vs. debbugs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 19:59:17 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars, `gnus-clear-system' explicitly refrains from unsetting
> `gnus-format-specs'. So if you start and stop Gnus, then start
> debbugs-gnu, the user's customized format specs are still in place, and
> may end up calling functions that depend on ~/.gnus.el setup stuff, and
> raising errors.
>
> Could `gnus-clear-system' also clear format specs? Obviously that
> omission went in there for a reason, but I don't know what. Alternately,
> could debbugs reset the specs when it starts?

Hm.  I have no idea why gnus-format-specs isn't cleared.  The changelog
says, helpfully enough:

    * gnus-start.el (gnus-read-newsrc-file): Don't clear
    gnus-format-specs.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no