Subject: bug#36902: Emacs crashed under X11 suddenly

From: leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 16:34:24 +1000

Emacs crashed under X11 suddenly. Emacs was idle for a few minutes. This
has append before, but does not happen all the time.

Emacs was running under RHEL 6 and displayed via the X server MobaXterm
on Windows 7.

Emacs outputted the following on the console it was started from:

Fatal error 6: Aborted
Backtrace:
emacs[0x504ba2]
emacs[0x4ea224]
emacs[0x504c33]
emacs[0x450752]
emacs[0x452ddd]
emacs[0x599f24]
emacs[0x5a16b5]
emacs[0x4ea044]
emacs[0x4b9ff2]
emacs[0x4ba126]
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6(_XIOError+0x4e)[0x38d804488e]
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6(_XEventsQueued+0x7d)[0x38d80436ed]
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6(XPending+0x5d)[0x38d803437d]
/usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0[0x38dac60492]
/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_main_context_prepare+0x1a6)[0x38d6044496]
/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0[0x38d60448e1]
/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_main_context_pending+0x64)[0x38d6044fd4]
/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0(gtk_events_pending+0x19)[0x38dd54dc19]
emacs[0x4ba9b7]
emacs[0x4f2851]
emacs[0x4f2e45]
emacs[0x59e9e4]
emacs[0x4f667c]
emacs[0x4f8777]
emacs[0x4fa1c6]
emacs[0x55d85e]
emacs[0x4ebc2c]
emacs[0x55d7fc]
emacs[0x4ebbe9]
emacs[0x4f0b13]
emacs[0x4f0e4b]
emacs[0x4eae9e]
/lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x38d4821b45]
emacs[0x415615]

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
  of 2018-06-29 built on ACCRAD01
Windowing system distributor 'MobaXterm', version 11.0.10605000
System Description:	Oracle Linux Server release 6.9

Recent messages:
Loading /home/broleo/emacs/user-lisp/leo-shell.el (source)...done
Loading /home/broleo/emacs/.custom...
Loading magit-files...done
Loading /home/broleo/emacs/.custom...done
Loading /home/broleo/emacs/.emacs...done
Loading /home/broleo/emacs/user-lisp/leo-ivy.el (source)...done
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
Starting new Ispell process hunspell with en_AU dictionary...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Configured using:
  'configure --without-gnutls'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 THREADS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Markdown

Minor modes in effect:
   smart-tab-mode: t
   flyspell-mode: t
   ivy-rich-mode: t
   ivy-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   global-discover-mode: t
   discover-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   google-this-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   override-global-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-delight 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-ensure 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-bind-key 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/bind-key-20180513.430/bind-key hides 
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-autoloads 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-autoloads
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-jump 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-diminish 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-core 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-pkg 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-pkg
/home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/use-package-20181119.2350/use-package-lint 
hides /home/broleo/emacs/site-lisp/use-package/use-package-lint

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail markdown-mode edit-indirect
noutline outline dired-aux warnings smart-tab flyspell ispell elec-pair
bash-completion shell-command counsel xdg xref project swiper ivy-rich
smex ido ivy colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt tsdh-light-theme
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
transient git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit
message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async subr-x
dash cus-start cus-load discover makey savehist server python json map
find-func quail real-auto-save css-eldoc css-eldoc-hash-table cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-extra help-mode delsel google-this
compile url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap winner tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
parse-time format-spec recentf tree-widget goto-chg locate dired-x
dired-sort-menu ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring dired dired-loaddefs
advice ls-lisp edmacro kmacro deft wid-edit cl ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff buffer-move
windmove finder-inf rx package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache
url-vars seq byte-opt use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key cl-macs gv easy-mmode
use-package-core bytecomp byte-compile cl-loaddefs cl-lib cconv info
easymenu time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 559948 29244)
  (symbols 48 43315 1)
  (miscs 40 134 293)
  (strings 32 134531 5465)
  (string-bytes 1 3872828)
  (vectors 16 64097)
  (vector-slots 8 1080403 17128)
  (floats 8 325 368)
  (intervals 56 1640 0)
  (buffers 992 16)
  (heap 1024 69766 2239))