Subject: bug#36902: Emacs crashed under X11 suddenly

From: leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 19:35:23 +1000

Hi Eli

Yes, I have sometimes trouble interrupted X sessions.

Sorry to hog you her on the bugs email, but is there a way to keep emacs 
alive when the X session disappears? And then later, is it possible to 
reconnect to that emacs session via a DISPLAY?

Thanks,
Leo

On 10 Aug 2019, at 19:00, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: leo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 09:30:24 +1000
>>
>> Thanks fro the manual info about addr2line. I have converted the 
>> addresses of the crash report:
>
> Thanks.  hard to say what exactly happened here.  Looks like some X
> protocol error caused us to close the X connection, with the result
> that Emacs crashed, most probably because we tried to display
> something on an X window that was already deleted.